The One and Only - Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches, by Pastry Chef Lanna Talley
We are treating you with another one of Lanna’s dessert recipes! Partnering with Graeters Pumpkin Ice Cream, Lanna created a spectacular dessert that is perfect for Thanksgiving with the family, or any day this Fall. She was also live on CW20 creating these goodies!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
For the topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
1. In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and baking soda.
2. Cream together butter, and both sugars, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
3. Add dry ingredients to the butter sugar mixture and mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
5. Roll tablespoons of the cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar topping.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Place cookies two inches apart on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and start to crack in the center.
8. Place cookies on a cookie sheet to cool.
9. Place one scoop of Graeter's Pumpkin Ice Cream on cookie and sandwich, with an additional cookie.
10. Roll the cookie with desired topping. i.e. sprinkles, heath bar crumbles, or pecans.
Freeze cookies until ready to serve.
We hope you love Lanna’s Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches. Make it a family favorite this Fall!